October 08, 2009

First day of School

Ok so Gideon isn't in school, but we were at school for the first 4 days that Maloree was because she was a little scared so it was kind of like he was in school! So he has Tyson's old "Cars" backpack and a new "cars" lunch box!! He was very excited to go to school!
Maloree was very excited to go to school on the first day!! I took her and ended up staying for about an hour and then left. She made it through day #1 but started crying when I picked her up. On day #2 she rode the bus with Katelyn and Tyson and I thought she was going to be okay, but I was wrong! I got a call from her teacher just before lunch that she was not ok!! So that started our lunches with Mal!! That is the only way I could get her to go to school, by bribing her with lunch with mom! But now she loves it and we don't eat lunch with her anymore! (I only got 4 phone calls from the school about her screaming and crying.)
Tyson is in grade 3 and loves it!! He and Katelyn are in the same classroom (third and fourth are combined) and they thought it wouldn't be okay but they are doing just fine!
Katelyn is cute as ever!! And getting way to big, she will be 10 in 6 weeks, I am not sure that I am ready for double digits. Oh well, not much I can do!



2 comments:

Laurie HF said...

I remember how hard it was for Maloree to come to nursery. But it didn't take long to get settled in.

Aleesha Burke said...

They all look so good. I was watching those videos that lindsay made of us when we were in 9th grade and Maloree was just born. Katelyn and Tyson were so little too. Wow! How time flies. :)