February 27, 2012

FIRE!!!!

This is the house that we lived in when we first moved here (for 7 months), my great-great grandpa moved this house from down on the flats in 1922. The kids are waving good-bye!!

I have never seen a house on fire but let me tell you that I hope my house never catches on fire, it only took 24 minutes for this house to  have it's roof fall in.


Almost gone and yes this fire was planned. We had been waiting for snow all winter to be able to do this. The fire dept was aware also but didn't ever have to be present!

In total it took just over 30 minutes for the house to burn completely to the ground. 

5 comments:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

Sweet! I dont think i would ever want my house to burn down either.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!!!!!!! They say 3 moves is equal to a fire so we have been burned out a few times!!!!!
I can't believe it only took 30 minutes. Cute kids in those pics. Love you. Mom R.

Kayli said...

that looks wild!

Jerusha said...

One of my biggest fears is a house fire. I had a few friends homes burn down when I was a teenager and one of their brothers died because he went back in to get the cat. I am always thinking of what I would do, who do I get 1st and stuff like that. It's amazing to see what 30 minutes can do.

Andrea said...

I am always surprised that Ashlee looks approximately Eli's size. I still think she's a baby. Weird.