June 26, 2008

Pioneer Primary Party






So last Saturday was our kids primary party and it was pioneer themed. I am going to blame the president (one of my best friends here) on the fact that I spent all last week making pioneer dresses, aprons, and bonnets for my girls. The presidency sent home a invitation saying to come dressed as a pioneer or as yourself. So of course my kids really, really,really wanted to be pioneers, but I do not have any sort of pioneer clothing!!!! So last Monday I found a pattern and set to make the girls outfits and I found everything I needed for Tyson to look cowboy/pioneerish. So here are the finished products!


4 comments:

Andrea said...

That's amazing. I am so impressed with people who will try to sew things. They turned out great!

Kayli said...

Oh, those are sooooo awesome!!! So so cute. You did a great job!

I really need you to teach me how to follow a pattern. I have bought a pattern for a dress for Hazel, and just the other day I bought one for a skirt for me, but I look at the instructions, and I just don't even know what they're saying...I guess I do not know the language. Anyway, I'll have to see if I can get a friend to help me that lives a little closer...unless you want to come visit.

I think you'll be able to use those dresses a lot. They are way cute.

Karen said...

I can't believe you made those costumes. I hope they really like them and get good use out of them. You are talented!!!

The Schooley's said...

You are way to talented for words!! Those outfits are awesome! Maybe if I stand really close to you one day, some of your talent will rub off on me?? Here's to hopin anyway!! Good for you. I bet the kids had a blast!!