August 19, 2008

Our trip to Canada


So we were in Canada for two weeks and man did they fly by! I realized after uploading my pictures, that I did a very poor job of taking pics, so there are only a few. Sorry! Anyway, these sprinklers were the hit every day! These things come on every hour or so and only stay on for about 25-30 seconds. The kids would run over and pretend they were drinking fountains every time! It was pretty funny. Gideon was a little skeptical at first!
But then he decided to get in on the action and got a little wet more then a couple of times.
Also, we celebrated Derek's and Tyson's birthdays while we were there. The yellow writing doesn't show up very good but it does say Happy Birthday Derek n' Tyson! Of course I lucked out and didn't have to make the b-day cake this year, we just bought it from Dairy Queen. (I know I'm a cheater, but everybody loved it!)

Tyson got a hot wheels Toyota truck, a Big Bad Bow, and a guitar. He loved all his presents.

And of course Uncle Nic enjoyed playing with the bow. (all the guys did) Good thing the arrows didn't hurt too bad!

The second week Jess and her family got there and so we let the kids stay up late one night (yea right, it was every night!) and they got to watch "Snowbuddies" on the "big screen" aka the garage. Here they are all stuffing their faces with popcorn.
Jess and Nate at the Erickson Family Reunion.
The boys playing horse shoes.
The girls playing in the dirt. (Mal and Rihanna)
It was a great two weeks and it did go by way too fast!


2 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Looks like I need to join in the fun. What a blast you guys must have had. Love the popcorn on the tramp pix. I am glad you are back!! We need to get together!!

Jodi said...

OOOhhhh...that makes me really sad that I missed it! Looks like evryone had fun - and I will for sure make it next time...my family is in charge so it will be in Utah!