March 24, 2009
Sold to the highest bidder!
Okay, so lack of blogging is due to selling of house. Well, at least it is a good thing to blame it on. We put our house on the market last Thursday at 10 am. And then we were kicked out of the house many, many times to have it shown. But on Saturday at 2 pm that all ended! We accepted an offer (we had two of them) and now our house is SOLD (pending inspection, of course). SO a huge load was lifted off my shoulders, no need to keep the house clean anymore!! HEE HEE! So on Sunday morning I was downstairs getting the girls ready for church when I heard water running. (I usually don't hear water running like that in the girls room so this was weird), anyway I look up at the window to see water seeping through and running down the wall on to the floor. My first thought is "but we just sold the house, pending inspection that is supposed to happen within the next 5 days!!" Well, the rain didn't stop for a little while and we had water all through the room. We tore up the carpet, moved everything out in about 10 minutes flat, and used every towel that we own (which is alot) to try and stop the damage from spreading out of that room. We didn't succeed but it is not as bad as it looked at that moment! I had a major nervous breakdown and my sweet husband said everything would be okay, which I didn't agree with but there was nothing we could do. It did stop raining and we managed to clear a four foot high drift with 6 inches of ice on the bottom from a 6 x 16 foot area on our back cement pad (when I say we I really mean my husband and about 8 men from the church. THANK YOU BRETHREN!) anyway, back on track, the drift was causing the rain to have no where to go except into our window well and of course then into our basement. Derek dug out another 15 or so inches in the window well and we installed a sump pump so that we won't have more water in the basement while the snow melts! Well, so now it is Tuesday and we are having a major blizzard and everything is closed and my poor husband just came in from spending 1 1/2 hours snow blowing our driveway and back cement pad. Well, so far our house is still sold and our basement carpet is saved and the only thing we will have to replace is the pad underneath. So I guess my husband was right, everything will be okay!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good thing everything is ok!! Congrats on selling! Now you can come to okalhoma and see us for a while!
Holly crazy sunday! Its sounds like everything turned out okay though! good luck with inspection!
All I can say is WOW! Add a little stress to an already stressful situation!
Congrats on selling your house!!! That is awesome. Now all you have to do is pack, clean, haul, clean, unpack.
Have a good day!!
Oh, I'm so sorry! Glad everything is okay - and happy that your house sold!! YAE!:D
Hooray for selling the house. Boo for excess water. It sounds like you have some great neighbors who came to the rescue! Good luck with all the packing and moving. I'm glad everything turned out o.k. in the end.
I started crying, ok REALLY tearing up when I read that you sold the house. I know we are not there anymore, but this just means that you are now moving farther away and that makes me sad. On a cheerful note, I am glad you sold the house and that everything turned out ok. Miss you TONS. We are going to be in the states in July, any chance on swinging a visit??
Congrats! So whats your secret on selling? Ha ha, I could use it. Good luck with your move in the future!
Wow, the old home town just isn't the same anymore. I think if we went back to visit, we'd hardly know anybody - and we've only been gone 8 months!
Post a Comment