
This post is all about Katelyn B, lots of things have been going on with her so I decided to catch up a bit! First of all, in the beginning of April Katelyn wrote a poem for Public Library Poem Contest. A couple of weeks later she recieved a letter at school saying that she had won 1st prize for all the 3rd graders!! She was sooooooo excited. She won $25 and she had to read her poem at the library in front of a bunch of people. Here is the poem she wrote:
Seasons
In the spring you hear birds.
You see butterflies flutter.
In the winter you see snow.
And hear the wind blow.
In the fall you hear the leaves.
And you make jack-o-lanterns for Halloween.
In the summer you go to the beach.
You have popsicles and other good treats.
I love seasons I love them one and all!

Just before we went to Canada, she had her piano recital. She did a great job!!

Derek and I decided that we would also let her get her ears peirced, just for fun!! She loves having them and now Maloree wants hers done!! (not yet little lady!)

While we were in Canada, we went to the Telus Science Center and Katelyn got to hold a tarantula (sp). I couldn't believe that she actually did it, she was so brave. She said that it felt like q-tips touching her hands!
Hopefully I will get to Maloree's birthday post sometime soon!!
4 comments:
She looks like her Aunt Megan.....did when she was a wee thing.
Congrats to katelynn...
KATELYN!! Thats too exciting!! Congrats on the poem! I don't think I woud have been brave enough to hold a tarantula. You're one lukcy lady!!!
Great job Katelyn on your recital, poem and getting your ears peirced!@!! That is awesome you held a tartuna too. f
NOT COOL BROOKE PICTURE OF SPIDER NEEDS TO GO. I MEAN DON'T GET ME WRONG IT'S AWESOME WHAT SHE DID BUT NO SPIDER PICTURES OR I'LL COME AT YOU LIKE A SPIDER-MONKEY.
Post a Comment