
SO we were supposed to go camping at Strawberry Lake this weekend but woke up to major winds and cold weather on Friday morning and so we decided to play it safe and stay home!! But since we had it in the brain to camp, of course we had to try it at home. So our good friends the Schooley's (who were coming with us to Strawberry Lake) came over to our house and we attempted to set up camp!

We did get the tent up but the wind helped us take it down so our sleeping in a tent desires were crushed to pieces (I got to sleep in my bed, hurray!!!!) and we moved our tent indoors. The kids got to sleep in a makeshift tent in the basement until Sawyer puked on it and then they got to sleep in "the CAVE" (a bedroom).

But all was not lost, because our two boy scouts got us a fire going and so we were able to roast marshmallows and have some smores!


So the kids finally fell asleep at about midnight and us being the "very responsible parents" stayed up way to late (I think I remember seeing 3am on my watch, but we won't go there!). Of course Gideon had gone to bed at 9pm so he was up and yelling mama, mama at 7:45. Funny how he didn't care that I had only gone to bed less then 5 hours before. I was just a little bit tired!! So we were supposed to rent canoes to use at the lake but since that didn't happen we went to Splashdown instead. (A waterpark here in Minot). The kids had a blast and weren't to sad that we didn't go to the lake.
2 comments:
Hooray for new toys and camping trips! It looks like you guys are pros at roughing it!!!
Do we know how to camp or what?? And our Boy Scouts?? I'm telling you, that was my favorite camping trip to date. I am just glad we did not end up in Oz with all the wind. Thanks for the memories!!
Post a Comment